Open post-doctoral and research student positions
The group is actively recruiting researchers into its research teams and announces the following open research positions. Deadline for full applications is 1 April 2009.
Three positions for postdoctoral researchers:
- a) Distributed renewable heat (e.g. solar, fuel cells) integration into urban centralized heating networks and interactions with traditional energy production or b) integration of distributed electricity systems (fuel cells, hybrid energy systems) into urban environment including SmartGrids.
- a) Carbon nanotube (CNT) enabled flexible excitonic solar cells - device development, material synthesis, photoelectrochemistry, or b) Development and implementation of manufacturing processes for flexible large area next generation excitonic solar modules. More information.
- Life time issues of PEM fuel cell components: membrane and electrodes, gas diffusion layers. a) Post-mortem analysis methods on MEAs b) Development and application of accelerated aging methods for MEAs and/or gas diffusion layers.
Eight positions for research students for M.Sc. work
- Simulation model for distributed renewable heat (e.g. solar, fuel cells) systems into urban centralized heating networks and analysis of interactions with traditional energy production (e.g. combined heat and power)
- Planning of solar-hydrogen systems for human settlements on Mars. a) construction of a Martian solar position, irradiance and weather model based on NASA observations b) energy balance simulations of solar-H2
- Investigation of fast track paths for penetration of new renewables (solar, wind, etc); industrial expansion and investment analysis; balance sheet analysis; analysis of lock-in
- Integration studies of distributed electricity systems (fuel cells, hybrid energy systems) into urban environment with smart grids; modelling and computer simulations.
- Electrical and optical device modelling of nano solar cells (1)
- Electrical and optical characterization of nano solar cells (2)
- Upscaling of and large-area nano solar cells
- Development and construction of a life time testing facility for PEM fuel cell research.
- Development and application of physical characterization methods for PEM fuel cell gas diffusion layers.
For more details and contact information, see the full version of the announcement: Open positions Jan 2009 (PDF).
General inquiries: Professor Peter Lund (firstname.lastname@example.org).